miércoles, 28 de noviembre de 2012

EXCELLENCE OF LOVE OF GOD


EXCELLENCE OF LOVE OF GOD
I Corinthians 13:1-13

"1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, I have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, and I have no love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and I have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous, love does not parade itself, is not puffed up, 5 is not unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity , but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails, but the prophecies will end, and leave the language, and science end. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I met. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love. "

INTRODUCTION:
I Corinthians 13 is one of the very beautiful pages of the Bible. Torrents of ink have run in praise of love, but no human expression may be compared to the beauty, simplicity and masterful tenderness of this chapter that God gave us THROUGH the Apostle Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, wrote.

In the New Testament there are several words used in our language and translate "LOVE".

One is the Greek word "EDGES" which translates to love, but refers to filial love, ie, love between family, friends.
The other word used is "Eros" which also means "love," but here refers to love sensual, carnal.
HOWEVER, the term used by the Apostle Paul in I Corinthians 13 is "agape" which also means "love", but here refers to unconditional love, the love that gives without expectation of reward, the love that makes the person put its resources for the blessing of others and not expect to get benefits someone else.

When the Bible says that God loved us, is saying that God put all the resources of heaven that we were sinners benefited not only in this life but in eternity.

The Bible says in (John 3:16): "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

I. The value of love
(V. 1-3) the need and advantage of the grace of love.
LOVE IS WORTH MORE THAN SKILLS. (V. 1) "1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, I have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal."
LOVE IS WORTH MORE THAN KNOWLEDGE (v. 2a) "2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge ..." Knowledge is important, but when not accompanied by love, then it becomes a threat more than a blessing.

It is interesting that the word "religion" is always in bad sense in the Bible, except for (James 1:27) which states that "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep himself unspotted from the world. "
Religious confession without the love that God demands, tradition becomes pure nonsense.
LOVE ONLY BE WORTH MORE THAN RELIGIOUS (v. 2b) "... and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, and I have no love, I am nothing."

II. The practice of love. (V. 4-7) displayed EXCELLENCE
BY ITS PROPERTIES AND EFFECTS.

LOVE IS WORTH MORE THAN GOOD WORKS (v. 4) "4 Love is patient and kind, love is not jealous, love does not boast, it is not proud."
Good works are important, but are not as the foundation of God's love, then all you carry is praise for the man and this generates pride in the human heart and the praise and glory to God.

Love remains strong although the experience of suffering is great. (V. 4a) "Love is patient,"
Love is expressed in kindness to the other person. (V. 4b) "is kind;"
Love rejoices for the welfare of others. (V. 4c) "Love is not jealous,"
Love does not feed the sense of pride or superiority over the other person. (V. 4d) "Love does not boast, it is not proud"

Love does not seek GETTING BENEFITS other, but put the personal resources to benefit others.
Love produces a patient attitude. (V. 7a) "It always protects, always trusts."
Love produces a spirit of forgiveness. (V. 5) "is unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not provoked, thinks no evil"
LOVE IS BASED ON THE WORD OF GOD. (V. 6) "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."

III. RESULTS OF LOVE
(V. 8-13) and its permanence and superiority.
LOVE IS ETERNAL VALUE. (V. 8) "Love never fails, but the prophecies will end, and leave the language, and science end."
LOVE prepares us to experience perfection in God's presence.
(V. 9.10) "9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, then that which is in part shall be done away."
Love produces maturity that is essential for the smooth running of the household or family. (V. 11-13) "11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then shall I know even as also I met. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love. "

CONCLUSION:
We will be able to love according to the pattern of I Corinthians 13 if we give life to the Lord Jesus Christ, for then He will pour out His Spirit and be able to comply in accordance with the divine claims. The Apostle Paul says in Philippians 4:13: "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."

FAITH IS SET in divine revelation, and sits there, trusting in Divine Redeemer Jesus Christ.
HOPE holds on to the future happiness, and waiting, but in heaven, faith will be absorbed by reality, and hope for happiness.

No place to believe and have hope when we see and enjoy.

But there is love perfected. There we will love God perfectly. There we will love each other perfectly. Blessed state! How outperforms the best down here!
God is love, where God is seen as it is, and face to face, there is love in its height, but there will be perfected.
(1 John 4:8-16) "8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God lives in us and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God in him. "


STUDY in Lerma for him:
Victor R. Pr Preciado Balderrama
sanadoctrinavictor@gmail.com

I invite you to visit with great respect the blogspot that God has given me (Matthew 10:8 b) "... you have received, freely give." And, with much love I have some studies that God has revealed to me. (Ephesians 3:8) "To me, who am less than the least of all saints, this grace was given me preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ." (Ephesians 4:29) "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but only what is good for necessary edification, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."
http://viclaly5757.blogspot.com/?spref=fb
viclaly5757.blogspot.com

No hay comentarios.: