miércoles, 14 de noviembre de 2012

Every time we read a Bible passage

Every time we read a Bible passage

But it is possible to read the Bible regularly and still not getting much spiritual food. Most of us are somewhat lazy, and if we do not take appropriate measures, our reading tends to degenerate into a mere routine. The remedy is to practice reading with purpose, approaching the chosen portion looking for specific information. Then lists ten questions to be asked every time we read a Bible passage:
1. What is the overall theme of this passage?
2. What is the main lesson that the passage teaches?
3. What, for me, the most inspiring verse in this passage?
4. What does this passage teach about God?
5. Do I find any examples in the passage that I follow?
6. Do you point the passage a sin I must confess?
7. Hallo in this passage? Any mistakes I should avoid?
8. Does the passage I need to fulfill some duty?
9. Does the passage a promise that I claim?
10. Luggage? Passage a prayer that I do mine?
Not that all we read scripture we will find an answer for each of these ten questions. But just be aware of finding something to do with all of them helps us stay more alert.
Moreover, this way of reading is the very great advantage that forces us to find in the Bible a personal message. We can not read well without realizing that God is speaking to our own hearts. And this leads us to obey, for Christ has said: "If you know these things, happy are ye if ye do" (John 13:17). And when we obey, we receive greater manifestations of God's grace, because elsewhere the Lord said: "He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and show myself to him "(John 14:21).
II. MARK YOUR BIBLE
It is a misplaced reverence which makes it impossible notes in the margins of the pages of your Bible or underline passages that you are of special importance.

No hay comentarios.: